Sunday, December 7, 2008

Verse of the Day - Luke 1:32-33

He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end. ~ Luke 1:32-33 (NIV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our church choir has been preparing for a few months to present a Christmas musical, called, "Joy, Joy, Joy!" And there are a lot of songs that have just really been speaking to me as I practice in the car, both musically and lyrically. One concept is this truth that Jesus is my King.

My King. The One who wears a crown and holds a scepter. Who commands armies and dispenses provisions. Who presides over His people, that they will follow His precepts and ideologies. Who gives all He has for the sake of His Kingdom. That's my King. That's Jesus.

Not only is He my spiritual King, but He's also my physical King. Because, you see, in the book of Revelation, we are given a video of the new physical realm to come. And one day, we will see the King on His throne. We will see His glory and live under His reign, along with all those who choose to be subject to His monarchy. And of His Kingdom, there shall be no end.

Jesus Christ is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. And His kingship in our individual lives begins when we submit to His authority and depend on Him for our protection, provision, and purpose in the "here and now". That is the essence of the Christian life. And we live under His reign and follow His precepts, even though we can't see Him now in the physical realm. Yet, we wait expectantly for that Great Day, when we shall see Him in all His glory! That day will come as surely as all other prophecy in Scripture has been fulfilled since the dawn of time.

If you are a Christ follower, are you practicing now for your eventual Kingdom residence in the monarchy of God? Are you looking to Him, believing that He is willing and able to protect and provide for you? Are you submitting yourself to His precepts and ideologies? Is He truly the monarch of your heart and mind?

The One who was sitting on the throne said, "Look! I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this, because these words are true and can be trusted." The One on the throne said to me, "It is finished. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give free water from the spring of the water of life to anyone who is thirsty. Those who win the victory will receive this, and I will be their God, and they will be my children. ~ Revelation 21:5-7 (NCV)

I believe there is no greater joy than knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus Christ is the Good King, and being willing to submit to His reign. He is alive and active now, and in the age to come. So let's be good citizens of the Kingdom, and lovingly devote ourselves 100% to our King with all our heart, soul, mind and strength! That's what I call, "Joy, Joy, Joy!"

Love,
Joelene

No comments: