Thursday, August 28, 2008

Verse of the Day - Psalm 27:8

My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.” ~ Psalm 27:8 (NLT)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

God talks to us in so many ways. Sometimes we listen . . . and sometimes we don't. When we don't, we reap the consequences of a self-led life. You know it, and I know it.

Yet, God is so loving and merciful and gentle. He gives us opportunity after opportunity to turn around and seek His face, to talk with Him and listen to Him. If you've been turning a deaf ear to His voice, today is the day to talk with God. Own up to all that is in you and acknowledge His ways as the right ways. Like I've said before, life has a way of revealing God's truth. When the Bible says that God cannot be mocked, that a man reaps what he sows (Galatians 6:7-9), it isn't lying -- it's the truth. We've all experienced it, one way or another. And only God's hand on our lives can make real change on the inside. Praise God He's willing!

Open your ears today so you can hear God's voice. He's talking -- are you listening?

Love,
Joelene

No comments: