Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Verse of the Day - Isaiah 61:10

I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
~ Isaiah 61:10 (NIV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, if only we were content like this verse says -- to recognize, appreciate and take joy in what God gives those who choose Him . . . salvation and righteousness.

But no. We want health, wealth and prosperity. We want comforts, pleasure and luxury. We want no ills, trials nor temptations. We want, we want, we want. Wow...

God says, You're missing the essence of life itself! You were dead, and I gave you spiritual life. You were wicked, and I cleansed you with My righteousness. And that's not enough for you?!? That should make you ecstatic...but instead, you sidestep these gifts, and dwell on earthly, temporary things. I'm sorry you feel that way, because you're really missing it...

How cheap we make God's grace when we lose the joy of our salvation! How common we make His mercy when we disregard the miracle of our soul's cleansing! These are HUGE . . . yet we look right through them, as if looking through a window. We struggle so much with finding fulfillment in this life, with experiencing joy in our world. Is it possible that we've missed it, because we didn't acknowledge and embrace God's greatest gifts of salvation and righteousness alone, without looking or longing for anything else? I think maybe so.

Back to basics, people. Sometimes we just need to get back to basics. Take time today to reflect on your spiritual rebirth in Jesus Christ and your soul cleansing through His blood. We've gone from death to life, and from filthy to clean! There is great joy in these truths, if we will recognize the enormity of them. Everything else should be extraneous.

Love,
Joelene

No comments: