Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Verse of the Day - Psalm 143:8

Let me hear Your loving kindness in the morning; for I trust in You; teach me the way in which I should walk; for to You I lift up my soul. ~ Psalm 143:8 (NASB)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These words from the Psalms come from one who sounds like they are full-face toward God -- they are seeking Him with all their being, wanting to be close to Him and do the things that please Him. That is a beautiful thing to witness.

This past Sunday, I met a woman reaching out for God, for community, for friendship, for love. She loves God and cried out to Him for help. She knew that He was her best and only source of comfort and help, and she has been seeking a church family that could come alongside her and walk the walk with her. What a blessing to meet her, cry and pray with her, and put her in touch with some beautifully loving ladies who immediately took her under their wings and embraced her. Her response was to thank God for answering her prayers and meeting her needs. She's excited about becoming part of a women's Bible study and now having some familiar faces in the worship service. I know God is working mightily in her life, as she has sought Him for her life needs.

Our lives may not be perfect. In fact, who are we kidding? None of our lives are perfect. But running to God, seeking Him for our needs and surrendering to Him our weaknesses, is the best and only thing we can do for real life. Because He is life -- at its fullest...at its purest...at its best.

Reach for God and you reach for life. I pray that is the direction you're running toward today.

Love,
Joelene

No comments: