Friday, February 29, 2008

Verse of the Day - Psalm 28:7

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. ~ Psalm 28:7 (NIV)

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

We will never be disappointed when we trust in God. He is faithful and true, patient and kind, strong and loyal. What a friend we have in Jesus!

We have a fight with our spouse, or there's tension on the job, or whatever comes our way during the day...do we run to the Lord, who is our strength and our shield? Do we seek His power and strength to fight the battles or make the tough decisions? Do we kneel behind Him as our shield and let Him take the arrows, relying on Him to protect us?

Sometimes we stop and talk to God. And when we really lay our burdens before the Lord and let go of our control of a situation, there is help for our heart and mind. When we trust Him to really be in control, we can rest. We can give thanks. We can sing!

Sometimes we don't seek Him. We head for the frig for something to make us feel better. Or go smoke. Or have a drink. Or get angry. Or throw things. Or any number of things that don't help and so often hurt. Struggling desperately to make it on our own. Why? Why do we resort to the insanely ineffective?

If we looked at our lives as a business, we would look at what works and what doesn't. We would have a management plan that looks in advance on how to deal with difficulties. When they come, get out the plan and use it. Don't waste company time and money trying to use ineffective means. Be efficient. Be effective. Be productive. Be successful. So, doesn't this make sense with us?

If we know that trusting in God is the best plan, we should use the plan. So I suggest that today, we simply model our day after this verse. "The Lord is my strength and my shield. My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped." Period. That's the plan. Use the plan. Use Him. He is our Great Warrior, our Great Counselor, our Great Friend.

And when your heart is helped, sing for joy! Sing in thanks! Give Him the praise that He is due! Crank up the radio and sing! Let Him hear from your heart with music! Why music? I don't know...I just think God likes music, and I think it makes Him smile! :-)

Let God be your help today -- there's no better plan.

Love,
Joelene

No comments: