Friday, November 28, 2008

Verse of the Day - 1 Chronicles 16:8

Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. ~ 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NIV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I trust everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving Day, and are full to the gills with the wide assortment of feast day food! We are truly blessed if we don't go hungry at night. Many people struggle with just meeting basic nutritional needs, let alone being able to share in a holiday feast.

I just want to share a few things I thank God for...

~ His undying love for me and His grace to cover over my sin through the power of Jesus' sacrifice...

~ my job which allows me to pay my bills and keep food on the table and a humble roof over my head...

~ my children, who I love very much and who continue to grow successfully in their adulthood...

~ my parents, who I love very much and who continue to be there for me, as friends and mentors...

~ my church family, who I love very much and who walk spiritually with me week in and week out, as we work together for the Lord...

I have much to be thankful to God for. How 'bout you? I'm sure you can make your own list. Take time today to thank God for His many blessings in your life, and be bold enough to tell others, too, about the goodness of the Lord!

Love,
Joelene

No comments: