Monday, November 3, 2008

Verse of the Day - Isaiah 14:24

The Lord who rules over all has taken an oath. He has said, "You can be sure that what I have planned will happen. What I have decided will take place. ~ Isaiah 14:24 (NIrV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With only one day left to Election Day, I have a confession to make: I haven't studied my ballot material. Yikes! I meant to this weekend, but just didn't (hmm...the laundry didn't get done either...guess I took my rest days to heart!) But, I've packed them to take to work and will work on it at lunch and this evening as well. I do desire to vote responsibly, with knowledge and forethought, and I hope you do, too.

This election has been precedent-setting in so many ways, and for many, zeal has reached monumental proportions -- regardless of which side of the fence you're on. All people feel that the stakes are high and much is lying in the balance. But do not forget the God-factor, please. God's will is always done, either His perfect will, or His permissive will.

Guess what? If your candidate doesn't get into the White House, God's will will still be accomplished! If Proposition 'this' and Measure 'that' do or don't pass, guess what? God's will will still be accomplished! Yes, we should stand up for what is right, for what we believe in. Yes, we should exercise our right in the electoral process. But we shouldn't wring our hands as if God has no place or power in the outcome -- whatever it is. He is bigger than that. HE IS GOD, okay?!? I think we often forget Who we're dealing with...with God, that is.

He has a plan. And that plan will be accomplished. Trust Him on Election Day and as the results come in. Do not give into fatalism and cynicism if things don't go your way. Give God the credit He is due -- after all, He is the Master, you know...or do you not know?

Love,
Joelene

No comments: