Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Verse of the Day - Psalm 16:11

You will show me the way of life,
granting me the joy of your presence
and the pleasures of living with you forever.
~ Psalm 16:11 (NLT)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are just some people you love hanging out with, huh? People that just speak to your heart, who know you and accept you, who share commonality and interests. Laughter is commonplace and love is the norm. There's just a connection there that makes being together sheer joy. Best-friend kinda stuff. Close-knit family kinda stuff.

David had that kind of relationship with God, and so can we. God showed us the path of life in Jesus, and He desires best friend stuff with us...

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
~ John 14:6 (NIV)

[Jesus said] . . . I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. ~ John 10:10(NIV)

I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. ~ John 15:15 (NIV)

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. ~ John 14:2-3 (NIV)


A time is coming when those who follow Jesus for real, with their whole hearts, will see Him face to face, and know the pleasure of His tangible presence. Until then, we still know His presence through the intimacy of the Holy Spirit, who lives inside of us. Can't get much closer than that, huh? :-)

I hope you know what it's like to truly enjoy God's presence in your life. If you don't know what that's like but would like to, simply ask Him to help you. Ask God to open your spiritual eyes to His presence and break down any barriers in you that keep you from knowing, by experience, the closeness of God. But be ready to be shaped and moulded, because sin and self are some of the primary barriers that block your friendship with God.

There's nothing in this world like best friend kinda stuff with God. So go after it!

Love,
Joelene

No comments: