Saturday, November 1, 2008

Verse of the Day - Ephesians 1:18-19

I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. ~ Ephesians 1:18-19 (NIV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I read these verses this morning, my eyes and heart stopped at this phrase: "...the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints..." And tears came to my eyes as it came so clear to me how treasured we are to Jesus and how rich He is because of His glorious inheritance -- His followers.

That spoke value to me. That spoke longing to me. That spoke love to me.

Of all the treasures in this world, Jesus values His redeemed above all else. We are what He inherits as the Son of God, and because of us, He is RICH! Gold means nothing to Him, but us?...priceless! He went after the redemption plan in full knowledge and with full force, because we matter to Him! He enjoys the fellowship of those who love and trust Him, and I believe He, too, longs for the day -- that great day -- when He is finally and completely reunited with us who believe in Him, His glorious inheritance!

I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.
~ John 10:14, 27-29 (NIV)


Do you hear the value, the longing, the love that Jesus has for His followers? Do you hear the commitment and desire in His voice? For those who believe in Him, trust their lives to Him, and choose to obey Him -- they are His glorious inheritance. And I believe He's very excited to come into that inheritance in full when we finally see Him face to face.

If you are a believer in Jesus, I hope you know how precious you are to Him. He values you, longs for you, and loves you. What God has given Jesus as an inheritance is you! And not only you, but every man, woman and child that has chosen Him. No wonder the scene in heaven that John saw in his vision was mind-boggling...

After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:

"Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying:

"Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!"

Then one of the elders asked me, "These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?"

I answered, "Sir, you know."

And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore,

"they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." ~ Revelation 7:9-17 (NIV)

So I ask you: Are you part of His inheritance? If so, let men and angels hear you shout, "AMEN!" And if you're not sure, please talk to me about this. I'd love to point you to God's truth about Jesus Christ's inheritance and how you can know you're a part of it.

Love,
Joelene

No comments: