Monday, April 13, 2009

Verse of the Day - Isaiah 57:15

I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts. ~ Isaiah 57:15 (NLT)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks ago yesterday, one of our motorcycle friends from church was involved in a motorcycle accident, when taking a Sunday afternoon ride. News spread the next day that he was in ICU with a lacerated kidney and other less-serious injuries. We thanked God that he recovered quickly enough and didn't require a long hospital stay. But what we didn't know is the healing that God did for him on the inside :-)

I (and several others) had the immense pleasure of talking with him after Easter Sunday service yesterday . . . or should I say, we listened as he talked. This man was BUBBLING OVER with excitement about what God had done for him while he was in the hospital....on the inside! He smiled big, and tears filled his eyes as he talked about the long conversations he had with God while he was incapacitated, talking about everything from finances to his marriage to eating habits. I'll tell ya -- my friend got himself a spiritual overhaul by the Master Mechanic, and he couldn't stop sharing the joy! And he lifted his Bible and said with a smile, "And I'm in the Word EVERY DAY! I'm just gobbling it up!"

My friend had a humbling experience, finding humility before God in that hospital bed. He was willing to admit where he'd gone wrong with certain issues in his life and allowed God to counsel him. God indeed restores and revives us when we walk humbly before Him.

I LOVE hearing testimony about what miracles God is doing in people's lives! This is not an isolated incident, I can tell you! God is at work ALL the time! I wish we could have testimony time EVERY Sunday in church, because we need to be encouraged and reminded that God is faithful to the humble and doesn't leave us to our own devices when we are willing to listen to Him. My friend is a living witness of God's love and involvement in his life.

Do you have a testimony to share about God's restoration and revitalization in your life? I encourage you to tell someone how Isaiah 57:15 is true for you. (psst....you can post it on my blog, to encourage others!)

Love,
Joelene

No comments: