Sunday, April 19, 2009

Verse of the Day - Psalm 143:8

Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you.
~ Psalm 143:8 (NLT)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How many times do we hear women complain that their husbands don't tell them they love them enough? The old joke goes that one husband told his wife, "I told you on the day we were married that I loved you. If the situation ever changes, I'll let you know." Wow. I have to give him the Oscar for Most Insensitive Performance in a Dramatic Role.

I think we all need to be encouraged in our love relationships. There are so many things that beat us down in the world, and we can wonder if the ones who say they love us really love us. And so we ask, "Do you love me?" more than we probably need to. Our friend or spouse may say, "Of course I love you. Why are you asking? You know I love you." But unfortunately, our human nature can cause us to doubt. Sometimes we need daily assurance. Especially when the world around us is throwing stones or can't even be found under a damp rock.

David had a very intimate relationship with God. But even he told God that he needed that reassurance daily that God loved Him. He wanted to hear it. I don't know if David heard an audible voice from God, but I am sure that God spoke to David's heart. How do I know? Because God speaks to my heart. That is, when I'm listening...

Don't be afraid to tell God what you need in your relationship with Him -- share your fears, doubts and weaknesses. But be sure you're listening and not just talking. :-) And hang on to Him -- trust Him to guide you as David did. Truly, we are like blind children, who must give their trust to their parents to love them, guide them, and not harm them.

Your Father in heaven loves you very much, and He has your hand in His, to lead you along your road of life. You can trust Him, because He is God. But, in case you're doubting or afraid, it's okay to tell Him you need reassurance. He's always willing to tell you He loves you and give you a hug when you need it.

Love,
Joelene

No comments: