Saturday, May 2, 2009

Verse of the Day - Ezekiel 11:19

I will give them a desire to respect me completely, and I will put inside them a new way of thinking. I will take out the stubborn heart of stone from their bodies, and I will give them an obedient heart of flesh.
~ Ezekiel 11:19 (NCV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This morning, as I was looking at several websites for a Bible verse to write on, I saw something on Air1's website I hadn't seen before: "What's Your Story?". So I clicked on it.

Tissue time...

I sat at my computer this morning reading story after story of people writing in to share how God has invaded their lives and embraced them, despite really bad choices in life, and how difficult circumstances had caused people to turn from God until He got their attention and brought them to Himself. They were turned from hearts of stone . . . to hearts of flesh.

Like I said, tissue time...

I am so awed and moved when people share honestly what their life is about and how God has entered in and made a difference. That's why I wish we could have more testimony time in church -- we all need to see how God moves in people's hearts, to make sure we don't forget how great our God is, and how amazing is His grace!

And just because you're a church-goer doesn't mean you have a "heart of flesh" for God. I read a number of stories today where people shared how the song, "Motions", really got their attention and led them to recognize they were just going through the motions, that their heart was stone, and asked God for a heart of flesh for Him. I could relate, as that is part of my story. How about you?

I don’t wanna go through the motions
I don’t wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything?
Instead of going through the motions...
~ from Motions, by Matthew West


God is so faithful to those who come to Him with an honest, open heart. I encourage you to check out some of these stories today (http://www.air1.com/). Read and be amazed by God! Then ask yourself: What is my story? Has He invaded my life, turning my heart of stone into a heart of flesh for Him? Have I given everything to Him, or am I going through the motions?

Love,
Joelene

No comments: