Friday, May 15, 2009

Verse of the Day - Psalm 47:1-2

Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy. How awesome is the LORD Most High, the great King over all the earth! ~ Psalm 47:1-2 (NIV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I attended a concert at our church Wednesday night to hear a large (60+) girl's chorale from CBU (Cal Baptist Univ). My, my, my, they were good! The vocals were superb, the lyrics were awesome, and I praised God for the worship I saw on their faces and in their body language. I worshiped mightily in my heart that night, tears flowing freely for me the entire evening. During one song, I clapped loudly right in the middle of the song -- not because of their beautiful performance, but because I just had to acknowledge and applaud the truth they were singing about my God! My clapping was my "AMEN!" to their testimony about our Creator.

We should feel free to clap and shout for joy at the awesomeness of our God! He is A-MAZ-ING, amen?!? Just look around you -- see the beauty of nature, the complexity of humanity, the compassion of the cross of Christ. The list goes on and on of how awesome our God is. How can we keep silent? How can we not praise Him with our lips and our hands?

Take a look and listen to the shouts of joy and the clapping that goes on in this auditorium for the Lord of the Universe...! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCd_ANIKys


Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. ~ Psalm 150:6 (NIV)

Love,
Joelene

No comments: