Friday, March 28, 2008

Verse of the Day - Psalm 91:1-2

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
~ Psalm 91:1-2 (NIV)

= - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - =

When I read this verse, the first thing that came to mind was, this is a choice!

We tend to run around, doin' our thing, out of the protection of God's umbrella. We get busy and don't think of Him or converse with Him in prayer. We get frantic and worry over difficult circumstances and bad news, but God is sometimes our "last resort". If God is a five-star hotel, why do we keep hanging out at the KOA campground with the not-so-good restrooms and all the bugs?!?

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty...

Who doesn't want rest in this crazy, mixed up world? It is a churning vat of chaos and unrest! God says, Be near Me...cling to Me...look to Me for your protection, your provision. I am wherever you are and whenever you need Me. Come to Me first and stay..."dwell", don't just do a fly-by! Live with Me where I am, by the power of My Spirit. Then you will experience true rest. Then you will experience Me.

How close do you have to be to someone to be in their shadow?

Make the choice today and every day to dwell--live--in God's nearness, and know the divine rest He gives those who are in His shadow.

Love,
Joelene

No comments: