Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Verse of the Day - John 18:37-38

"You are a king, then!" said Pilate.
Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."
"What is truth?" Pilate asked.

~ John 18:37-38 (NIV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think Pilate asks a question that plague many people today, that have plagued the generations. There are so many "variations on a theme" when they try to understand what's true and what's not. So many exceptions to the rule. So many addendums and attachments. How can anyone get down to basic truth?

Jesus says, Listen to Me. I speak truth. I come from the Father, Who is the Author of truth. Apart from Me, you are left to the devices of the father of lies, the evil one. If you really want to know what is true, listen to Me.

Some of what He said was hard to understand, but it's true nonetheless. It's all true. I believe Him with every fiber of my being. I stand in life on His words as absolute truth, and I'll go to the grave believing in Him. He says that those who believe in Him will have eternal life, and I believe that, too. I know I'll live with my Savior, my God, forever. That's the truth.

We won't understand everything Jesus says, but we can trust that He is true. I choose to trust that He is true. Do you? If you question Him, my question to you is: What makes your other sources more trustworthy than Jesus?

Love,
Joelene

No comments: