Friday, September 26, 2008

Verse of the Day - Exodus 4:10-12

Moses said to the LORD, “O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.” The LORD said to him, “...I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”
~ Exodus 4:10-12 (NIV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We sure do know how to make excuses to God when He asks us to do something, huh? We don't think we're a good enough speaker, like Moses did. Or we think we've made too many mistakes in life to be effective. Or we're just lazy and don't feel like it. God says I'm not taking any of your excuses. Whatever you pull out of your hat to get out of My service, I can trump with my all-sufficiency. So get off you thumbs and get on the stick...

My pastor has used a video several times to help people understand their role in God's service and how our weakness is no excuse. It's the march of the unqualified... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnoPIuENS-I

God wants to use you for His good purposes. On your job, at school, in the grocery store, on the soccer field. Don't make excuses...commit to be ready and willing, and then open your eyes to God's world. When you allow God to use you without making excuses, you will stand amazed at His ability to work through you! And your heart will be blessed beyond measure.

In God's kingdom, you can make excuses, or you can make milestones. Are you riding the fence, or riding the fence line?

Love,
Joelene

No comments: