Friday, September 12, 2008

Verse of the Day - Philippians 1:3

I thank my God every time I remember you.
~ Philippians 1:3 (NIV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a large tile back splash behind the kitchen sink in my house, and I've taped a variety of stuff on it, to look at while I work in the kitchen: thank you notes, post cards, and pictures of various folks. This morning as I made the coffee, I looked up at a great picture of my step-sister and her family...and it caused me to say a little prayer for them, with some things that have been going on in their life. I was a little surprised that God grabbed me like that, but I was glad. So then I scanned the rest of the pics and thought, What a great thing to do to pray for people when I see their picture!

God has a way of bringing people to our minds through a variety of ways, doesn't He? Sometimes you get an email or phone call from them. Or you see their picture. Or maybe you have a random thought of them in the middle of the day that comes out of nowhere! God has a reason for their entry into your heart and mind -- don't waste the moment...pray for them! You may or may not have specifics at the time, but the Lord knows all about them. Lift them up to our God who is the Great Provider and Protector. And then, if you're able, just let them know the Lord brought them to mind and you prayed for them. Those words can be tremendous encouragement to them, to know someone cared -- and will perhaps allow some dialogue that can help you pray more specifically next time.

God has blessed us with a circle of friends and family (biological and spiritual) that are uniquely ours, people who help shape the history of our lives. Thank God for the people in your life, for those He brings to mind moment by moment. And then, lift them back up to God in prayer, seeking His best for them in whatever they may be facing. When you're able to connect with them again, rejoice together as you see what God is doing in and through them. It's a beautiful partnership!

Love,
Joelene

No comments: